So, if you are told that Mike and I left the parish on our own, ask these questions:
- If I did indeed leave the parish on my own, why did Bob feel the need to issue such instructions to church staff?
- Why would Bob feel the need to include Mike, who had been received into The Episcopal Church just 16 months earlier?
- Why would Bob reference Mike in this email when, to this day, Mike remains a member of the parish?
- Do you know of other situations in which Bob Malm has taken a personal interest in church membership at this level?
- Why would Bob issue such an email when I had not requested a letter of transfer at the time the email was sent? (I am delighted to report that I did send such a request in July of 2017.)
The fact that neither Bob Malm, nor the church vestry, have been honest in their comments about this situation illustrates how dysfunctional the parish is.