There was a time, not that many years ago, when churches were every commercial loan officer’s dream come true. Flush with cash and regarded as an integral part of the community, churches were like Ma Bell — regarded as a ridiculously safe investment, and one where banks had very few questions that even needed to be asked when a loan application came across the desk.
- Repaving the parking lot.
- Replacing energy inefficient outdoor lighting fixtures.
- Replacing failed double-pane windows.
- Addressing accessibility issues.
- Replacing the failing new narthex roof, now beyond actuarial life expectancy.
- Restoring the stained glass.
- Replacing rotting wood trim and rake boards.
- Addressing interior finish that is at end of life.