Update 1/1/19 "The young men were students at Philadlephia Biblical University, now Cairn University, where the music minister was an instructor. "
Here is the body cam footage of his actions outside of 10th Presbyterian Church
So, why did I post this?
- Having watched a church mishandled a sex abuse situation in a former church, I know how hard it is to do what Snyder is doing. The first thing many churches do, and that appears to be the case with 10th Presbyterian, is to start threatening libel and slander. Been there; been through that. Why would any sane person put themselves through something like this? Most times they do it because child sex abuse is a hill worth dying on.
- But maybe he's insane? If so, why did such a careful, Biblical, strict Reformed church, presided over by the best the Reformed movement has to offer, allowed him to become a deacon?
- Are we not to respect the thoughts of a man who was selected by the leaders to be a deacon? Isn't that what The Gospel Coalition keeps telling us? Or do we only respect those who do not ask honest questions?
- At TWW we would never accuse anyone of slander or libel without proving our point. Why do some pastors and church leaders fling the *slander* and *libel* word without specifically defining what they mean? Is that Biblical or Gospel or whatever the word they are using today? It makes curious person, such as myself, wonder what they are hiding.
- Why doesn't the church go through each of Snyder's claims and refute them without emotionalism? It would sure shut down things fast unless...unless they unable to do so?
- Oh, you say 10th Presbyterian Church doesn't need to say anything? You mean, in this day and age that churches and child sex abuse have been linked by way too many people for very good reasons? Maybe its time that churches open up their windows and doors and let light their light shine?